BIKiNNOV – Bike Value Innovation Center- Association, is a private, non-profit organization of Public Utility, established on March 8, 2022.
It was born from the ambition to provide a more comprehensive and qualified response than that currently provided by the ABIMOTA Laboratory – National Association of the Two Wheels Industry, decidedly betting on product and process innovation.
BIKiNNOV is a Technology and Innovation Center based in Águeda, which aims to provide technical and technological support to companies in the two-wheel sector, promoting the use of technology and innovation as tools for improving business competitiveness, for the increase of added value and for the qualification of the offer, particularly for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
It is dedicated to the production, diffusion and transmission of knowledge oriented towards companies and the creation of economic value, contributing to the pursuit of public policy objectives, guiding its action towards market needs, seeking to fill existing gaps and contribute to the response to societal challenges.
To be on par with the best in the world in the universe of soft mobility in terms of research and development, combining and developing the existing capabilities in Portugal
To give companies the conditions to innovate and develop their products in the area of soft mobility, adequately in terms of research and development, combining and developing the existing capabilities in Portugal.
In order to fulfill its mission, it seeks to be recognized by its associates, customers and partners as: Reliable, Competent, Cooperative and Innovative.
BIKiNNOV guides its action by the following guiding principles:
- Contribute to the operationalization of public policies and European and global strategies in terms of decarbonization, circular economy, sustainable mobility, and digital transition.
- Promote an integrated and excellent scientific-technological offer that drives the economic evolution of the soft mobility sector and two wheels.
- Act in proximity with the business fabric, dynamizing applied research and innovation, promoting the qualification and certification of the business offer.
- Promote the internationalization of the economy, in order to enhance the external competitive capacity through the improvement of the quality of products, services and processes and their certification.
- Stimulate the participation of business associations and companies in the dynamization and orientation of research and development (R&D) activities.
- Contribute to the technical and technological capacity of companies, through highly qualified staff, training and qualification of management processes.
- Fertilize endogenous resources, in order to differentiate, qualify and increase the added value of the national offer of its activity clusters.
- Adopt the best practices of conduct and ethical standards, fundamental and recognized in its area of activity, including social and environmental responsibility, respect for gender equality, the use of public funding according to the principles of economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote forms of broad cooperation, through participation in associations and networks of national and international scope, for the creation and diffusion of knowledge.
BIKiNNOV and its employees guide their action, guided by the following values: